Thursday, May 24, 2007

A craft worth learning






I love making beaded jewellery! The pictures show the process I followed to make a beaded bracelet for a friend. It's actually more simple than it looks; all you require is a beading loom (I got mine on Ebay), a heap of beads, some thread (I use cotton, except for when I use sharp bugle beads), and a needle. As you can see, the loom is first threaded using the cotton, and the beads are woven on in rows. When it's finished, it is removed from the loom and toggles attached to do the bracelet up. It's a nice inexpensive gift, and only takes a few hours to complete. I'm off to make one for myself now!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:54 pm, Blogger Steff said...

That is so cool!

 
At 12:43 am, Blogger Achi Myachi said...

you could sell that on ebay!

 
At 4:12 pm, Blogger Rachel said...

Hmmm, perhaps...

I don't think jewellery does that well on ebay because a lot of people make it.

But maybe I'll try it one day :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home