Wednesday, August 22, 2007

*Phew*

Last weekend I was in such a rush to get ready for the wedding that I left my hair straightener on when we went out. I didn't realise it was still on because the 'on' light is faulty.

I came home at the end of the day, and Mum and I could smell this weird rubbery smell. We were looking all around my room, sniffing, and I began to worry that something had died in there. Then I noticed the power point was on. The straightener! I had left it in a drawer full of clothes; I ran to the drawer and picked it up. It was still hot. I looked at some of the clothes and one of them had a brown burn mark on it; it could have easily caught fire.

What a close shave! I thanked God immediately, because I knew He had protected us from having our house burned down. That is how powerful He is - He can stop inevitable things like that because He has power over everything*. He really looked after us that day.

Thankfully I am not in charge of the world because I surely would have burned half of it down by now :)

*P.S. That doesn't mean, of course, that God forces people to do the right thing. This is why bad things happen: because people have a free choice; they can choose to do good or to do evil. But the Bible promises that one day God will fix the world and restore it to what it was meant to be.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:24 pm, Blogger Steff said...

My straightener came with a heat-proof insulated bag... very handy because I'm often rushed with my straightening, too! You can put it in while it's still hot, and it can't burn anything else.

 
At 9:56 am, Blogger Rachel said...

wow... that's cool :)

 
At 12:58 pm, Blogger Trav said...

I'm very thankful for the lack of hair straighteners in my house

 

Post a Comment

<< Home