I shall return...

I have returned! The three weeks I just spent in the Philippines was awesome to say the least, one of my best trips so far. I got some really good photos too, which I might post for you.
So here I am, back here, adjusting to Australian life again. I really miss my Filipino friends (saying goodbye gets harder every time). I also miss the balmy weather of the Philippines (oh my gosh, it is so freezing here!), and I miss the close-knit community-culture of the islands. I miss the food (cereal is really bland after you've eaten fish for breakfast every morning), and I think my body is struggling to adjust to the lack of rice. I miss beautiful Philippines, and everything that happens when we go there.
However, I am getting used to this adjustment time - I know that fairly soon I'll be back into the swing of things here, and I will begin to anticipate my next journey to the Phils (yes, 'I shall return').
For now I am focusing on reaching out and really loving my friends and family here. I have some great people in my life, and after being in the Philippines I have realised how much many of my relationships lack true expression of love, the kind that is so readily expressed by my friends in the Philippines. I know I'm blessed to have experienced another culture, because all cultures have weaknesses, and I can take and use the strengths of another to enhance my own.
So bear with me over the next few weeks - I will return to regular blogging very soon (probably not long after I start studying. Haha...).
Labels: culture, experiences, family, friendship, love, philippines, photography, relationships, travel

4 Comments:
Welcome back, rice is pretty good did you eat rice everyday.
When i went to nsw i ate rice at 2 meals everyday. enjoyable-but hardly exciting.
Yes, welcome back!
Thanks guys!
Yeah I ate rice pretty much 3 times a day :)
welcome back!!!
u gotta tell me all about it sometime! maybe i'll try and make a fri/sat trip sometime, after my exam =S
and rice is good!! speaking of which, i feel lack of rice too...*rummages under bed for rice cooker*
praying for ya! *hugz*
Post a Comment
<< Home