Computer annoyances
Does anyone know anything about setting up networks at home?
I'm trying to hook up two computers, both on Win XP, using a crossover cable... All I get is a message on the LAN icon - "network cable unplugged" - when I can see with my own two eyes that the cable is definately plugged in!
This is a wierd thing to blog about... but I'm getting desperate!

2 Comments:
mmmmm, I dunno. Networks r scary when u have cords. I like the whole wireless thing... but evevn then like with cords there are still all the nasties with IP adresses and workgroups etc.... I think it has to do with operating systems too.
See, told you I don't know - but I feel ur pain.
hmmm, yeah... I figured it's probably something to do with IP addresses or firewalls or something... at least it will be something I know very little about!
one day I will figure out computers, but then probably Microsoft will work out a way to get around my solution. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home